Foodie Friday is back, we’re extremly sorry for missing last weeks. A ton of deadline, and a number of social events meant the editor forgot to press post. But, much to contrary belief your best student recipes are back.
If you’re thinking of having a lazy weekend, why not invest in some cheap ingredients and make this awesome recipe.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch paprika or cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp of salt
1. Wash the cauliflower and cut into florets (a fancy cauliflower chopping word for quarters – pretty much).
2. In a saucepan bring water to the boil with 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and add the cut cauliflower. Boil the cauliflower until it soft but firm about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Drain and set aside.
3. In another saucepan on a low heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Be careful not to burn it. Stir in the flour until it becomes a thick paste and add the milk. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir on a low heat to stop from burning until the cheese has melted and becomes a thick sauce.
4. Add the macaroni and paprika or cayenne pepper and stir. Serve hot. It can be refrigerated and reheated.
5. For the more adventurous you can put cauliflower cheese into a casserole dish and brown the top in the oven.
An easy student recipe for you all.